Friday, October 21, 2011

Little Fall Beauties


Dudley and I took long walk this morning and observed magnificent colors and the most interesting little tidbits of nature.  Otherwise, the day was mostly bland.   Clouds covered an anemic sun that never broke through for more than a few minutes.
But on the cloudiest of days, nature's colors shine the brightest.
My own mood, up and down with the falling temperature and fading light, was lifted and I rejoiced that I had the pleasure of a morning walk to revel in it, and a chance to thank God for his seasonal bestowing.
Following is a sample of what I saw in my garden and in the woods.  One of my favorite encounters was the tiny spider guarding the last of the pink petals - as if his life depended upon it, ready to defend of the remnants of a fading season.




5 comments:

  1. Hard to pick a favorite! I do love the dry suspended needles and all the colored berries. (Dudley is a sweetheart.) PS I used to live in PA & MD, though I've been in CO over 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty pictures to share! And that Dudley is such a handsome fellow! Thanks for stopping by too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful photos. I really like the spider ones. :) And the pine needle one; so interesting. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog also. I truly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great set of close-ups. Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for taking me on your walk....wow...the beauty berries are gorgeous....I am very smitten with your spider...
    Happy Halloween.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete